The Minimal Baby Series: A Teeny Tiny Capsule Wardrobe September 14, 2015 17:00
As featured on Stellar's STYLE collection.
These days it seems, less is way more. Perhaps a backlash to an era of constant consumption, more and more of us are swinging the pendulum back towards minimalism. It's not so much about owning less than it is about focusing on the essential items that we have in our lives, and decluttering the unnecessary excess. When minimalism took to the closet, the concept of a capsule wardrobe was formed as a means to make more with less, more ensembles less pieces. It's about not buying constantly but saving for higher quality pieces that work for an entire season; that are versatile and simple enough to incorporate into more outfits. If capsule wardrobing is about saving more money, spending less time with excess, and simplifying our daily lives, there's no reason that these concepts can't be taken to our kids closets as well.
For our capsule, we selected 1 shirt + 1 sweater + 2 bottoms + 1 Jacket.
5. Boku Baby's Knit Blazer (Winter 2015 Preorder)
1. This one is perfect for early Autumn. A light tee and dress shorts with a pair of sandals warmed up with a scarf for breezy evenings.
2. For a little fun, we added a star printed bow tie, suspenders, and a blazer for a whimsical newsboy look. We paired with brown chukka boots.
3. Ok, someone's having too much fun here. Swap out the blazer for a light sweater for a more classic look.
4. These tweed pants by Appaman are amazingly well tailored, they fit like slim pants but are ultra comfortable.
5. For those in the North where fall is slightly cooler, we love throwing a chunky scarf over our BokuBaby blazer, collars up.